Searching for Antiwar Websites - WEEK 5

I certainly have never heard of the website listed below.  Have you?  I also never hear antiwar voices on mainstream media.  I have to seek out obscure websites in order to discover these voices.  These websites are extremely under the radar and that might be for a very particular reason.  The website listed below is extremely detailed and opinionated.  For example, one of the titles of the posts on this website reads, “Russia Warns US Against Using Low Low-Yield Nukes.  Russia Flies Nuclear-Capable Bombers Over Baltic Sea in Exercise.”   I think one of the reasons why antiwar websites are not easily found on mainstream media is because the FBI monitors these websites and is highly involved with what is posted.  The FBI has been caught secretly surveilling antiwar.com and was actually sued because of it.  The government does not want a lot of people to be constantly coming across and reading antiwar websites because it has the ability to turn people against the government.  The government is who is responsible and in charge of going to war with other countries and the government does not want its people to turn against them so they try to limit how much antiwar websites are displayed in order to keep people on their side and agree with their decision making relating to war.  When antiwar websites talk about how they are against war and how the government is being violent, the government feels betrayed and they want everyone to respect their decisions and be on their side.  The government believes it does not look good for them if their people are against the President and his decisions. 


Comments

About me

Hi, my name is Shea Sweeney and I am a sophomore at High Point University. I am a Strategic Communications major with a minor in Marketing. I am highly interested in Public Relations and social media marketing. I am not quite sure what exactly I want to do after college; however, I will figure it out soon!

On campus, I am involved with my sorority, Kappa Delta where I hold the position as Historian. I am also involved with On Point Magazine and am a website contributor and blogger for the website.

I am from a town outside of Orlando, Florida and have lived there since I was three years old. I am the oldest of 4 kids. I have one younger sister and two younger brothers. We also have 4 dogs so our house is super fun and crazy.

I am really looking forward to taking this class and I have heard amazing things about it from my peers.