How Self-Hypnosis Can Aid Anxiety - WEEK 2



In our everyday lives, an absurd amount of chaos occurs that leads to depression and anxiety in so many people. Our society is so involved with technology, social media, and online communication that it has the ability to make people feel conscious, obtain trust issues, and quite honestly; lonely. There is a constant comparison to other people and almost feels as if there is a competition to be better than the person you see on social media.

Self-love and appreciation is very much overlooked and not many people realize or understand their self-worth. More and more people (kids, teenagers, and adults) are being diagnosed with depression and/or anxiety and the suicide rate has increased. Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States.

It is such a necessity that this is more of an awareness. There is an abundance of resources and methods to aid depression and anxiety while living in such a harsh and degrading world.

Something that is very beneficial is self-hypnosis. Self-hypnosis is the process of inducing yourself into a hypnotic state of mind. This is very similar to meditation; which is very good for mental and physical health. Self-hypnosis eases pain, improves sleep, helps anxiety and stress, and more. Self-hypnosis allows one to take time to reflect, create a clear mind, and take time to appreciate oneself.

All over social media, there is talk about stress remedies and how to help depression and anxiety. Self-hypnosis has the ability to change lives. This can be easier for some more than others; however, it is beneficial for everyone. It can also allow people to overcome fears or phobias.

I highly recommend self-hypnosis and/or meditation for anyone; especially those dealing with depression and anxiety.


Comments

About me

Hi, my name is Shea Sweeney and I am a sophomore at High Point University. I am a Strategic Communications major with a minor in Marketing. I am highly interested in Public Relations and social media marketing. I am not quite sure what exactly I want to do after college; however, I will figure it out soon!

On campus, I am involved with my sorority, Kappa Delta where I hold the position as Historian. I am also involved with On Point Magazine and am a website contributor and blogger for the website.

I am from a town outside of Orlando, Florida and have lived there since I was three years old. I am the oldest of 4 kids. I have one younger sister and two younger brothers. We also have 4 dogs so our house is super fun and crazy.

I am really looking forward to taking this class and I have heard amazing things about it from my peers.