How Covid-19 Has Affected Online Advertising - EOTO - WEEK 16

As many people know, the coronavirus has been spreading quickly around the world and has greatly affected the United States.  Tons of people have become unemployed and a great number of businesses have shut down due to the virus.  However, many people work from their phones nowadays.  Working on social media and promoting brands through online advertisements has become greatly popular.  During Covid-19 many people who work on social media are taking advantage of this time to promote their brands.  Since the virus, most of the world has remained isolated in their homes to ensure they stay safe.   This leads to people being on their phones and computers more, browsing through social media and articles, wanting to explore new things during social distancing!  Companies are giving out discounts, discount codes, and lowering the prices of their products in order to appeal to the eye of the audience.

I personally know, I have purchased a few out of the ordinary products since the outbreak of Covid-19.  I have purchased laptop stickers, a face steamer, body scrubs, foot peel masks, a random sweatshirt, and more!  This time is a great opportunity for employees to work hard on social media while advertising their brand in order to draw in potential buyers.  More and more people are watching television, advertisers are throwing their company's commercial during popular television shows because they know more people are watching.  I believe the people who work from their phones typically, are having an increase in sales just because people are simply bored!  Some companies who do not typically sell hand sanitizer and masks are beginning to sell both of these items because they know people need it/will buy it.  For example, a company called "It Works!" is a cruelty-free brand that sells weightloss pills, cleanses, KETO products, brews, serums and more, has recently started selling hand sanitizer spray bottles because they know customers need it.  They are taking advantage of this time to grow their company.  Brands like Urban Outfitters, H&M, and even Louis Vuitton have started selling masks as well.

https://blog.taboola.com/how-covid-19-is-affecting-advertisers-around-the-globe/




Comments

About me

Hi, my name is Shea Sweeney and I am a sophomore at High Point University. I am a Strategic Communications major with a minor in Marketing. I am highly interested in Public Relations and social media marketing. I am not quite sure what exactly I want to do after college; however, I will figure it out soon!

On campus, I am involved with my sorority, Kappa Delta where I hold the position as Historian. I am also involved with On Point Magazine and am a website contributor and blogger for the website.

I am from a town outside of Orlando, Florida and have lived there since I was three years old. I am the oldest of 4 kids. I have one younger sister and two younger brothers. We also have 4 dogs so our house is super fun and crazy.

I am really looking forward to taking this class and I have heard amazing things about it from my peers.